Cracker Bread Sandwiches with Smoked Turkey and Peach Chutney
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 T. Charter Oak Peach Chutney
- ½ tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 -14 oz. lavosh (contains 2 breads)
- 1 lb. thinly sliced smoked deli turkey
- 1 bunch watercress (4 oz.) or arugula with the stems removed. If using arugula, baby arugula is best.
In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, chutney, curry powder and pepper. Unfold 1 lavosh if using fresh cracker bread, or soften cracker bread by holding it under a soft spray of water until moistened.Turn cracker over and moisten the other side. Cover with damp towels and let sit for 10 -30 minutes until pliable. Spread the lavosh with half the mayonnaise mixture, leaving the far edge bare as fillings spread as the cracker is rolled.Top with half of the smoked turkey, half watercress or agula. Roll up jellyroll fashion. Repeat with remaining lavosh to make a second sandwich. Wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 2 hours ahead or overnight. To serve, slice each sandwich crosswise with a serrated knife (2-3 inches for sandwich 1-2 inches for appetizer).