Lemon Dream Crepes with Blueberry Sauce
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup milk (whole or reduced fat)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- Butter to grease the crepe pan
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds for garnish
- Lemon Filling:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Charter Oak Lemon Curd
- Blueberry Sauce:
- 1-16 ounce bag frozen blueberries, thawed a bit
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup water
1. For crepes, combine all ingredients in the blender and blend for 1 minute. Refrigerate batter at least 1 hour before continuing.
2. Rub a bit of butter over the bottom of the Scanpan* 10-inch crepe pan and heat over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until very hot. Add enough batter (about 1/4 cup) swirling to just cover the bottom of the pan and return to heat. Cook until the edges of the crepe brown lightly. Loosen edges and flip over. Cook briefly and turn out onto a platter. Repeat using the remaining batter to make 10 to 12 crepes.
3. For filling, whip cream to stiff peaks. Fold in lemon curd and chill until serving time.
4. For Blueberry sauce, stir together the sugar and cornstarch in the 3-quart saucepan. Slowly add the lemon juice and water. Bring to a boil; and stir in blueberries. Cook until sauce is bubbly and thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve warm or cool completely.
5. Mound about 1/3 cup of lemon filling on each crepe and fold into quarters. Lay one or two crepes on each dessert plate. Spoon blueberry sauce over the top, sprinkle with toasted almonds and serve.
6. If you prefer Raspberries to a Blueberry sauce, simply warm Charter Oak Red Raspberry Preserves and spoon over.
* Scanpan is a brand of nonstick cookware