Raspberry Chocolate Tea Cake
- 6 ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted & cooled
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sifted Cake Flour
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- 3 Eggs at room temperature
- Charter Oak Red Raspberry Preserves or Plum Raspberry Preserves
- Fresh Raspberries for garnish
- Confectioners Sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together chocolate and butter. Add sugar and then beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in flour until just mixed. Pour into a buttered 9-inch cake pan that has been lined with parchment or waxed paper and butter again. Bake at 350 degrees 20-25 minutes. The cake will rise slightly, then sink in the center as it cools. Cool in the pan, this is a moist dense cake.
To serve, invert onto serving plate, remove the paper. Chill one hour and spread top with the Charter Oak Red Raspberry Preserves, sprinkle with confectioners sugar. Garnish by surrounding with fresh raspberries. May also use edible fresh flowers or chocolate curls.